Estate Planning, Wills, Tax and Trusts
Preparing and Updating Wills of all Complexities –
- Advising a married couple with a potential Estate including foreign and business assets valued at in excess of £25M regarding the preparation of their UK Wills incorporating trust structures and protection for their children and grandchildren.
- Advising the single parent of a disabled child with a potential Estate of circa £1.5M regarding the preparation of their Will.
- Creating Mirror Wills for a married couple with a potential Estate of around £2M to include Inheritance Tax advice and the potential for claims against their Estate under the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependants) Act 1975.
- Preparing Mirror Wills for a married couple, with children from previous relationships. Their main objective was to provide for the survivor, whilst ensuring that on the survivor’s death, their children benefitted from their estate, so that assets eventually pass down the family bloodline.
- Preparing Mirror Wills for a married couple, who were both previously widowed. We incorporated a number Trusts into their Wills, which will allow them to utilise their deceased spouses Nil Rate Bands, as well as their own, significantly reducing their IHT liability on death.
- Assisting clients with a potential Estate of circa £40M with assets in several different jurisdictions regarding the preparation of their Wills and Estate Planning. This Wills included a number of trust structures and advice was required regarding the interaction of their UK Wills with foreign Wills issues of domicile.
Capacity and Lasting Powers of Attorney –
- Preparing both Property & Finance and Health & Welfare Lasting Powers of Attorney for a married couple with trading business interests.
- Advising and acting for a client in relation to a Deputyship Application over Property & Financial Affairs for a family member in the Court of Protection.
- Advising on the registration requirements for Enduring Powers of Attorney.
- Advising an attorney on the estate planning measures they can make on behalf of the donor under a Lasting Power of Attorney.
Trust, Tax and Asset Protection –
- Working with our Corporate Team in advising a client regarding the creation of a Family Investment Company with an initial loan of £10M as part of their tax planning.
- Creating a lifetime discretionary trust and associated letter of wishes for a client wishing to benefit their children and grandchildren as part of their Inheritance Tax planning with an initial settlement equal to the nil rate band allowance.
- Advising Trustees on the compliance requirements for Trusts and assisting with the registration of Trusts with the Trust Registration Service.
- Drafting Declarations of Trust for a married couple with rental properties to confirm the percentage of ownership of each for tax purposes.
- Advising Trustees on an ongoing basis for two trusts, each containing in excess of £3m, to include properties, investment portfolios and cash funds.