WHERE DO YOU START
We know the secret to the successful start-up of a business, or launch of an idea, is in the proper preparation and planning.
We are here to support you from that very first flash of inspiration.
Our team help to protect you, your idea and provide you and your new venture with a solid foundation upon which to grow.
PLAN FOR YOU TO SUCCEED
We know that starting with a robust business plan forces you to identify and examine the numerous legal steps, costs, materials, equipment, personnel and marketing you will need to achieve success.
STRUCTURED FOR YOUR SUCCESS
The next step is to choose the proper entity structure; we’ll advise and guide you through the options.
The four main types of business are:
- Sole Trader
- Limited Company (your company name is followed by the word “Limited”)
- Limited Liability Partnership (your business name is followed by the letters “LLP”)
GETTING IT RIGHT
Each one comes with its own benefits and drawbacks. So, it’s important to choose wisely as this decision will have an impact throughout the life of your business.
The most common structure that our clients choose is that of a private limited company as it generally provides the best protection for everyone involved.
SOME OF THE CHALLENGES
WE KNOW YOU
- Safeguarding both you and your shareholders
- Protection of your idea (often known as your intellectual property, or IP)
- Navigating the laws relevant to your sector and to business in general
- Duties and obligations as a director
- Shareholder agreements and other contracts dealing with ownership of your business.
I wholeheartedly recommend EMW to other business owners looking for first class legal advice.